June 29, 2009

America- the Pacifist Nation

June 4th, 2009, I got an e-mail from Don Wildmon with the American Family Association (AFA). He ran upon an article by Stanislav Mishin, a columnist for the Russian newspaper, Pravda. When I read what Mr. Mishin wrote, I almost came out of my seat with excitement.

Mishin’s article, American Capitalism Gone with a Whimper, was concerning our liberally diffused patriotism, our lack of passion for our freedom, our self-interest lifestyles, our condoning immorality, the surge of liberalism from the media, Obama, and stimulus packages.

Like many Republicans and fellow Judeo-Christian conservatives, I’ve noticed a lack of action; a reservation in the push for morally correct (not politically correct) action in the way America is governed.

Many religious based conservatives believe that all things are in God’s hands and that we should focus more on winning souls than spending time preserving our religious freedom and other constitutional rights.

While I do my share of evangelism, I’m opposed to this head-in-the-sand idea. I wish we would act similarly to Elijah, Elisha, Jeremiah, and the rest of the great Old Testament prophets in the Bible. Their main objective was keeping Israel’s focus on God and the Law, and not letting the Egyptian, Babylonian, etc, evil lifestyles infiltrate Jewish practices, which would be Israel’s demise.

I believe that those under the general name of Christianity should strive to keep our religious freedom and constitutional rights sacred and un-earmarked. The liberals, especially President Obama, are ‘out to get’ our freedom of speech, interpretation of church-and-state, view of life at conception, and other Christian orthodox beliefs. Americans need to stand up for the way our founding fathers intended for our government to be run, by the people.

In Deuteronomy 4, God instructs the Jewish nation to follow his commandments and if they go astray, he will destroy them and their dignity as viewed by of other nations. Although many consider the Old Testament to be irrelevant to the Grace dispensation of time, they must not “throw out the baby with the wash”. We must be sensitive toward God’s will and realize that if we don’t stand up against the demoralization of America of the Liberals and most Democrats, he will destroy America and it’s 233 years of pride, glory, dominance, wealth, and prestige.

We must remember that America was built on the foundation that it would be run by the people. If the Conservatives drop out of sight, the liberals will have the whole floor for their own, as they do now in the House and Presidency. We must fight for our rights, listed below.

>Be Informed, unlike we are now, ranking 36th in the world of biased media. We must get both sides of the issues at hand, e.g. ABC (Liberal) and Fox (Conservative) You can also get conservative based news on OneNewsNow.com and sign up for a daily e-letter.

>Govern Ourselves, having all decisions voted on by due order of process. Our senators and congressmen have been voted in by the people to represent what they believe, but once the officials are in office, they seem to forget that they are representing voters, not just their own beliefs. A recent example of this is the manipulation of a committee vote on homosexual marriage registry in Eureka Springs.

>Have Freedom of Speech, which the Democrats are currently trying to mis-interpret our constitution in order to remove many leading Conservatives, such as Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, etc.

>Disrupt homosexuality movement, which has been admittedly a liberal fund raising technique; as noted by OneNewsNow.com

>Be Anti-Abortionists, not allowing ill-responsible young women to infringe upon the rights of the child.

>Freedom from Gun-Control, realizing that they are philosophically similar to pencils. The pencil is not responsible for misspelled words. The gun has been, in many cases, responsible for prevention of robbery, assault, rape, etc. I personally have a friend who wears a .45 while he attends a gas station. He has not been robbed in 7 years.

>Separation of Church-and-State, realizing that the original meaning by Thomas Jefferson was that the State should not interfere with the church unless it was directly harming other citizens of the U.S. Not that the church should remove its moral insight in politics.

Americans need to awaken from their pleasant dreams and realize their freedoms and morals are endangered. They need to realize that the socialists are doing as they have always done, trying to wreck their patriotism, then their economy(stimulus packages stimulating more debt), then their belief in capitalism, and then ultimately their democracy, freedoms, allegiances towards religions, and personal self worth. If we don’t act now, we’ll find ourselves communists without any say in our world.

-Barley Riggs
Tell me if you would like to read Stanislav Mishin's article that was published in the Pravda. I would be glad to re-post it. It is definitely worth reading.

8 comments:

aManAmongThem said...

Grand Sage

Now that I've re-read the post and published it, it doesn't seem to answer all of your questions like it did at first. After you read it, tell me what questions you have, and I'll see if I can cover them.

Barley

The Grand Sage said...

Yes please post the article, I would like to read it. I will respond in full later. My reply will be lengthy and I don't have the time now.

Thanks,
The Grand Sage

p.s. sorry for not signing my other comments.

The Grand Sage said...

You seem to spend a lot of time thinking about this sort of thing, and you seem to have a prety good grasp on the overall situation. The only thing I would like to add is that in regards to abortion many anti-abortion conservatives do not oppose it in the case of rape, I personaly believe that life is life and should be protected regardless of the circumstances.

Have you ever read Sun-tzu's "The Art of War"? It was originaly written over a thousand years ago as a manual on war, but since then it has become acclaimed as a book of wisdom for eveyday life as well. Judging from how you talk you would probably find it interesting, at the very least you give it a look. Several of it's points applie to your article.


When I said that it wasn't a good idea to focus to much on converting other Christians, I didn't mean that you shouldn't try to convert them, if you know the truth you have an obligation to share it, what I meant was not to become so obsessed with it that you forget about the rest of the world. While I agree that everything is in God's hands, He uses us as tools and when tools are not moving then no work is getting done. It's an excellent example of what I was saying about obsessing over converting other Christians and forgetting about the rest of the world, although due to your article I'm expanding that to cover the world litterally and not just non-Chistians. Whether they are just so busy with other things that they just don't notice or they just prefer to ignore it I don't know but a lot of people just aren't getting the the whole picture. Many people ignore problems until they are forced to confront them but by then they're usually far harder to fix than if they had confronted them to begin with. If we don't stand up for our rights now it will be very hard to get them back later.

You seemed to disagree with my statments concerning inter-faithism. Why?

Thanks
The Grand Sage

aManAmongThem said...

After re-reading your post concerning interfaithism, I've come to think that we differ on what interfaithism means. I believe that interfaithism means that everybody thinks that everybody is saved, no matter how much they differ in doctrine.

Don't get me wrong, I agree with what you said; America should still institute freedom of religion.

Woodrow Wilsons vision was for all of the inhabitants of the world to come together and live in harmony. In order for the U.N. to unite our roughly 193 nations, they have to do away with the three reasons for conflict: wealth, religion, & power. (I can't remember for sure.) The power lies within the U.N. The wealth is currently under construction, seeing that Europe has consolidated their currency to the Euro.

Religion has been the hardest controversial issue of them all. Including the obvious Jewish vs. Islamist, there are 19 major world religions which are subdivided into a total of 270 large religious groups, plus many smaller groups.

Call me crazy and squeal on me to Homeland Security, but I believe that the world is 'coming to an end'(that needed a drum-roll). I believe that in the end, the AntiChrist will stand up and selfproclaim as God (Mark 13:14). When he does, the interfaith movement will follow the AntiChrist, that being reason number one for abstaining from the interfaith movement.

Reason number two can be found in these verses:

These lie within Christianity: "One Lord, one faith, one baptism,"

2 Peter 1:20 "Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any PRIVATE INTERPRETATION. 21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost."

Matt. 7:13 "Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: 14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

21 "Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? 23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity."

This one pertains to all religions:
Acts 4:12 "Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

If you're interested, check out Irvin Baxter @ http://endtime.com . He has a good take on interfaithism among other prophecy topics. He has a radio show, also, if you would like to listen to him.

What do you think are the fundamental basics for salvation?

Thanks for referring me to the book, "The Art of War". I'm going to look it up as soon as I post this.

Barley

aManAmongThem said...

Good, gravy! That was a long comment. Sorry.

Barley

The Grand Sage said...

Inter-faithism is a loosely defined term so I'm not surprised we missed each other's meanings. I meant it more or less as religeous tolerance. Although I do stand behind what I said about the method for changing other peoples minds. It's worked very well for me, inside and outside of Christian debates. I personaly believe that if you aren't Christian you are out of luck, and there are some forms of so called "Cristianity" that I find to be questionable.

I believe that all that is needed for salvation if for you to ask for it in faith, needless to say I'm a Baptist, Judging from your blog and the way you talk I'm guessing that you are some form of Pentacostale (forgive me if I'm wrong, Jerry never did tell what religeon you were) and that you probably will not agree with my take on salvation. I'm sure that you will have some things to say about this issue and I look forward to hearing them and I will be glad to answer any questions you may have about it.

Ya you needed a drum roll for that, and no I'm not going to squeal on you.

Tell me what you think of the book, and don't worry about the length of your comments.


The Grand Sage

aManAmongThem said...

Ha, ha! You guessed it. I’m Pentecostal to the core! But don’t worry, I do have a few variations that make my version on Pentecostalism a little less, shall we say, formidable?

In short:
>I’m not Trinitarian, but Oneness.

>I believe in an eldership instead of one, authoritative pastor. Eldership lets Jesus Christ be the head instead of one man. Ephesians 4:11 says the saints can’t be perfected with just one man leading the church.

> I obviously believe in dressing standards, but contrary to many Pentecostals, it is not my doctrine. Modesty is necessary, but that shouldn’t be the first thing that the Church teaches.

> I also try to break the stereotype of being haughty and ‘know it all”. I’m human, therefore I can be wrong in what I believe.

> I believe that it is necessary to repent, be baptized, and to be filled with the Holy Spirit in order to be saved. I believe that both faith and works save you, and you can’t go to heaven without one or the other. Many of my Baptist friends believe that baptism is a work, but I believe that it is an act of obedience.

I would like to hear what you believe. If I’m wrong in anything that I believe politically, philosophically, or spiritually, I’ll change. I’m very confident spiritually, not “blowing to and fro with every wind of doctrine”, but I do realize that I’m very susceptible to mistakes. The disciples and their generation of newborn believers knew for a fact what absolute truth is, but we are less fortunate, having our translations of the original scriptures translated the way that the translators believed (or wanted to believe).

Is it hard for you to follow all the comments, or do I need to start a comment subscription link? They all come to my e-mail first, so I know where your comments are located in order to reply.

Do you have a blog or website?

Barley

The Grand Sage said...

What did you mean by oneness instead of trinitarian?

We don't have eldership but we do have deacons, a Baptist preacher just preaches, he has no special authority, all decisions are voted on by the Church members. Is this even similar to what you are talking about? I'm trying to make sure that I understand your doctrine so please be patient.

Dressing standeards aren't part of our doctrine either, and I agree there are far more important things for the Church to teach, the clothes we wear in public is left up to the individual.

In Ephisians 2:8,9 it say "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves it is a gift of God. Not of works lest any man should boast." Those verses contridict what you said about being saved by works. We more or less describe works as any actions that we take, just so you have a clear definition.

Also in regards to baptism, the thief on the cross wasn't baptised. I know you have probably ran into that statement before but just hear me out. I can think of no Biblical practice or observance that has ever changed it's meaning or importance. If baptism was necessary for salvation it would have become so the minute it was instituted or at very least when Jesus was baptised. We require people to be baptised befor the join the Chrch but that's all.

I'm doing alright keping up with the comments, unless there's some that I've missed, if so please tell me.

No I don't have a website or blog. It's just not mycup of tea so to speak.

Tell me what you think.
Thanks
The Grand Sage