July 05, 2010

Mission Rest Accomplished


(My pitiful try at a panorama)

God has really been with my family and I this past week.  We have been able to accomplish a lot. 

I've been working on the farm trying to get it into shape.  I bush-hogged, mowed, push-mowed, weedeated, and strung up 3 strands of 300ft fencing for the goats and sheep.  This week I'm going to have to do some more fence work and rebuild a house for our new turkeys. 

I have also been able to consider my priorities-

Professionally speaking, now that I have finished my stunt training, I'm considering working with Image of God Productions based out of Kentucky.  If it's God's will, it'll work out.  If it doesn't work out, then I'm not complaining.  I'm also working on the farm, working on my website (aManAmongThem.com), and I'm considering refurbishing some vehicles for profit.

I really want to work on my walk with God.  I'm doing a lot better on my prayer in the morning.  In the past few weeks my focus has been blurred by what the world idealizes as success: fame and fortune.  I became disengaged from the man that I wanted to be.  I didn't realize how easy it is to lose my priorities in life until I barely caught this man from retreating into the shadowy alleys of my life.  This man is humble, steady, loving, friendly, and possesses a deep love of God.  I'm horrified at how nigh he came to escaping my consciousness. 

Now that I have my stunt training, I'm meeting with a social worker this week and we are discussing my starting a much needed voluntary Driver's Ed program for the Arkansas Sheriff's Youth Ranch here in Batesville.  I'm hoping to be able to share the joy of driving with these kids and let them experience the thrill of getting a driver's permit and license.

As for relationships, I'm enjoying being able to spend some quality time with Laura and Clay.  It is such a treat to  be able to swim with them, teach them to drive, and help my dad build Clay's go-kart.  As for marriage, I know that I haven't met "Mrs. Right" as of yet. 

There is no greater peace or happiness than knowing that you're on the right track.  I found myself in a box, and if I didn't have a box cutter called the Grace of God, I couldn't have seen the light from the outside.

No comments: