June 19, 2010

Stunt Training in Orlando...

(It's funny that I saw the Disney pick-up bus at the Orlando airport. 
My stunt trainer created the Disney Extreme Stunt Studio side show.  I also rode with Kevin,
one of Disney's drivers, to grab some lunch.)



So far the trip to Orlando has been a blast!  I'll review the series of events in chronological order:

Friday-  I got up at 3 in the morning and took off from Memphis at 8:00.  I after an hour and a half flight, I landed in Charlotte, NC and due to the time change, I literally ran to my next plane which left at 11:27.  After landing and waiting an hour for my hotel shuttle, I arrived at my room around 3 o'clock. 


Saturday- This morning I woke up at 5 and arrived at my stunt training school around 6:30.  We went through a short class and then loaded up in our cars.  All in all, I drove two different cars, the first was a 2010 Camero and the next one was a 2008-10 Nissan.  I had really had fun doing shuffle driving, high speed reverse-to-a-mark, high speed forward-to-a-mark, 90 degree slide parking, forward and reverse 180's, traffic sequences, and bumper to bumper driving (less than 6 inches apart). 

I also got to meet some famous people- my trainer, Grady Bishop, who is a really nice guy.  The director of Forensic Files (which I've never seen:), Berret (another actor), Kevin (one of Disney's top stunt drivers), and a few others.

I take off for home at 8:45 tomorrow morning and will be back home around 3 o'clock!  Home again, home again, jiggidy-jog! :)

1 comment:

Flex said...

Awesome! I'm jealous!Haha..just kidding. It's neat you got to meet all those famous people, Barley!
Flex