I began my unusual weekend with cleaning my truck in a total downpour of rain. My grandparents came over Saturday around noon to visit before I headed to graduation rehearsal. I was able to talk to some friends of mine, including Will Simpson, Christian Roberts, and Whitney Hubbard. After the ceremony it was time to meet my parents, grandparents, and my Aunt Susan and Uncle Keith who made the 2.5 hr trip from Memphis to join me in the graduation ceremonies.
The graduation went well. Ever since injuring my knees in basketball several years back, they tend to always go weak when I get nervous. God really blessed me to be able to not get nervous, keep my composure... and my knees! (Those come in really handy when walking across a stage in front of probably 1,500 people.)
Ben Eubanks... you may know him as Da' Flex in earlier basketball posts.... drove more than 5 hours from the Fayetteville area to join me for the graduation. Big shout-out to Ben Eubanks for coming and staying with me for a week! After the graduation ceremonies were over, we took off to the Dixie Cafe and ordered a big brownie sundae.
Sunday was adventurous to a certain, strange extent. We ran over to Searcy to pick up a second calf for Cupcake, dodged a storm that graciously fired a lightening bolt just outside the hotel we were seeking shelter in, ate supper, and joined Ben's sister, Kate, and her husband, Josh Husky, for Kate's birthday dinner. Afterwards, we went to an outdoor rock climbing replica that Lyon college recently built.
LtoR: Josh, Kate, Ben.
Our intentions for Monday morning were to get up early and begin an all day, multi lake fishing excursion. What actually happened ran more along the lines of getting up late, milking a cow, creating a new fence for goats, getting rained out of our first fishing location in Bald Knob, and getting the truck dangerously/precariously stuck on top of a slippery ledge overlooking a creek bed.
After our near scrape with total disaster in Bald Knob, Ben and I gave up the fanatic notion of fishing in the rain and headed on to Lake Frierson in Jonesboro. As always, however, we two adventurous hombres got just a bit hungry for Dexters...
....THEN we went to Lake Frierson where I caught two tiny perch.
Tuesday also had a slow steam buildup, Ben and I waking up semi-late and lazily beginning the day. Since I had to relay primary votes to Rick Crawford for Independence county Tuesday night, we decided to go for a good game of basketball at Lyon college and take on the go-karts at Kennedy Park in Batesville.
Wednesday, Ben and I decided to continue our previously planned fishing trip. We headed down to the slough in Batesville where we caught a few small fish. We figured that this was too slow for us, therefore we came back home and caught 13 perch and 1 bass in two hours!
Thursday was a day of board games. Ben and I played Farm-opoly and then headed over the Kate and Josh's house for a game of baggo, basketball, scrabble, and some awesome grilled chicken, hotdogs, and steaks!
Friday was probably the most adventurous day for the week. We played basketball around noon, ate at Wendy's, and then headed off to Hardy to float about a mile down the flooded river (2.5ft depth growth).
Sadly, Ben had to go back home Saturday morning after breakfast. We obviously had a wonderful time during his week long stay. When the Ben and Barley get together, there is no telling what will happen, so until the next addition to our adventure log, have a good week!





No comments:
Post a Comment