September 18, 2010

Long Time No Posts...

Wow!  I'm looking back, and it looks as if I haven't posted since July 24th! I'll try to catch up to date-

Goody Bag for the Driver's Ed Program
In July, I began a driver's ed program for the Arkansas Sheriff Youth Ranch kids here in Batesville.  After coming home from stunt school in May, I wanted to find a way to share my passion of being behind the wheel.  Therefore, thanks to house parent, Cheyenne Ingram, I was hooked up with a very patient lady, Connie Sifford.  I proposed my driver's ed program to her and then to Superintendent David Ward.  With the help of Candy Davis, I was able to swim through the paperwork and begin the training session with 5 kids. ( Due to the safety of each student, I cannot post pictures or names. Sorry!)



In August, I found my way up to Ben's house again!  We had a blast as usual- listening to old folk songs, pigging out on BBQ, hiking, etc! My water pump in my truck went out on the way home, and luckily my dad was doing a demolition job in Branson, therefore he was only an hour away when I broke down.  We spent the night in the town where I broke down, and we replaced the thermostat, water pump, and A/C belt in 4 hours that next morning!



At the end of August, I helped my dad with a demolition job in Jonesboro.  Jerry Turner did our trucking, therefore my dad and I were able to concentrate on demolition.  Estimated to be a 2 week long job, we were jumped in on Thursday and got out on Tuesday at noon... cutting it down to only 5 days.  Needless to say, we were excited about that!


Now we come to September.  On the 1st, my family and I went to Jackson, Mississippi with my dad on a business trip.  While waiting for him to return from the meeting, the swimming pool in the hotel was empty, so we let Laura and Clay swim.  The pool was an indoor/outdoor: half the pool inside and the other half outside. Laura wanted to go under the glass to the outside part... therefore, brotherly love and all, I jumped in to help her go under.... except I dove in head first.  I obviously miscalculated, and broke C-6 vertebrae in my neck and T-4 & T-5 in my back.  Not a pleasant experience, I assure you. :)  God has really blessed me and I'll be coming out of my neck brace in November.

No comments: