February 25, 2009

Now, I can get into this!

This is great! I just love farming!

We are trying to train Cupcake to come up to the milking chute, but she got a little protective of her calf today. We begged and begged her to come, but noooooo! The calf started running around and playing and got out of the fence. I went over and nabbed it with the intentions of carrying it to the milking chute to draw Cupcake there. I tussled and lost it the first time, but grabbed it the second time closer to the chute (thankfully). That thing is like 70-75 pounds and has the strength of an ox. You may know this, but you put one arm around the front of the front legs and the other arm around the back of the back legs and then squeeze. Squeezing a calf who is trying to use its legs to break free and carrying it around 35 yards is a little more difficult than it would seem!

Anyway, I'm a little excited!

1 comment:

Deliberate Living said...

I WISH that I had a camera when you were running pell mell with that calf and getting her into the chute!

Mamma